Four arrested in connection with Colchester car park murder investigation
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested four people in connection with a murder investigation launched in Colchester yesterday.
Enquiries have been ongoing following the discovery of a man’s body at St Mary’s car park in Balkerne Hill, at 8.55am yesterday.
Three men, aged 47, 45 and 32 and a 46-year-old woman were arrested on suspicion of murder overnight.
They were taken to police custody where they remain this morning.
St. Mary’s car park has been closed since the discovery.
You may also want to watch:
Council chiefs, who own the facility, and police said it will remain closed for at least the next 24 to 48 hours, to allow further investigations to be carried out at the scene.
Officers were able to allow people with urgent requirements to access their cars from 6.30pm last night.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 3 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 4 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 5 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 6 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 7 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 8 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 9 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
Police are appealing for witnesses and anyone with information to contact the North Major Investigation Team on 101 quoting incident number 224 of April 23.