Knives, machete and police-style baton among weapons seized following four arrests in Clacton
- Credit: Archant
Four people were arrested for possession of offensive weapons in Clacton on Saturday – with officers seizing knives, a machete, CS canisters and a police-style baton.
Officers from Essex police first stopped and searched a man at around 1pm yesterday, Saturday, February 17, in Blue House Avenue and allegedly found him possession of a police-style baton.
Markel Greenidge, 33, of Dunbar Street, West Norwood, London, will appear before magistrates in Colchester on Tuesday, March 26, charged with possession of an offensive weapon.
At around 1.20pm on the same day, police received reports that a man was threatened by men armed with knives in Hayes Road.
According to a police spokesman, the men drove off but were stopped in Key Road.
You may also want to watch:
“We found a number of CS canisters and machetes inside. They have all been seized,” he said.
A 44-year-old man from Jaywick remains in custody for questioning and a 36-year-old man from Clacton has been released on bail until Monday, March 11.
- 1 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 2 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 4 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 5 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 6 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 7 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 8 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 9 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 10 Matchday Live: Town can't deal with set-pieces as Cobblers go two up
Then at 1.25pm on Saturday officers stopped and searched a 17-year-old boy from Clacton in Rush Green Road and found him possession of a large knife.
He has been released on bail until Monday, March 11.