Four cars in rush hour A14 crash
LENGTHY tailbacks have been reported this morning following a four-car crash on the A14.
The emergency services were called to the scene of the incident on the westbound carriageway near Rougham, Bury St Edmunds, at about 8.20pm.
The vehicles involved were a black Ford Focus, a blue Ford Focus, a blue Mercedes Benz and a blue Ford Fiesta.
Michelle Scott, 29, of Stowmarket, said: “It was bad. You could see there were miles of queues ahead.”
Kevin Smith, one of those affected, said: “I was caught up in. At first we thought it was a broken down lorry but we later found out it was a car crash. I was delayed by about half an hour.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for the police said both lanes were now open and nobody had been injured.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 9 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 10 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club