Four elderly motorists in hospital after two-vehicle crash in Colchester
- Credit: Archant
Four elderly motorists were in hospital today – one with serious injuries – after a crash in Colchester.
Two vehicles were involved in a collision at the junction of Parsons Heath and St John’s Road at around 4pm.
One motorist suffered serious injuries and three others suffered minor injuries, an East of England Ambulance Service said.
The spokesman said all four motorists were elderly and were taken to Colchester General Hospital. It is thought the motorist who suffered the serious injuries has not suffered life-threatening injuries, the spokesman added.
Details of the vehicles involved in the collision cannot be disclosed tonight for “operational reasons”, an Essex Police spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Parsons Heath, which runs between Colchester and Ardleigh, has been closed in both directions by police.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 3 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 4 FA Youth Cup, semi-final - LIVE: Agbaje header puts Town ahead at half-time against Liverpool
- 5 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 6 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 7 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 8 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 9 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 10 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth