Four fire crews called to house blaze in Suffolk village
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters tackled a blaze in the living room of a home in Cookley today.
Four fire crews were sent to the house in Cratfield Road just after 5.15pm.
The home was heavily smoke logged when the crews arrived, a brigade spokesman said.
Using one hose reel jet and one main jet, firefighters extinguished the blaze by 6.45pm.
No one was injured during the fire or rescued from the property, the brigade spokesman added.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews from Halesworth and Stradbroke were first at the scene, and then requested help from Saxmundham and Framlingham fire stations.
Positive Pressure Ventilation was used to clear the property of smoke.
- 1 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 2 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 3 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 6 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 7 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 8 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 9 Takeaway owner fined £3.5k after series of food hygiene breaches
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies