Large barn blaze in Hoxne, Suffolk
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Dozens of firefighters from Suffolk and Norfolk have been tackling a large barn fire in Hoxne in north Suffolk overnight.
Six fire engines were called to the barn blaze off Green Street after being called at 10.14pm last night, according to the Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service.
No-one is thought to have been inside the barn at the time and it is not believed to have contained any animals, a fire brigade spokesman said.
The barn is believed to have contained several bales of straw which caught alight when a fire broke out inside the structure.
This morning, the fire is still burning, with one crew still at the scene using a hose reel jet to bring the blaze under control.
However, crews are expected to remain at the scene for some time while an investigation is carried out and the fire is extinguished.
The cause of the blaze is not known at this time but firefighters have managed to contain the fire in a specific area.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 3 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 4 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 5 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 6 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 7 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 8 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 9 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 10 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
The barn, which has suffered a lot of smoke damage, is 20 metres tall by 20 metres wide.
Five of the six fire engines attended from Diss, Stradbroke, Leiston, Framlingham, and Halesworth. The other appliance has not yet been listed.