Crews tackle four deliberate grass fires at nature reserve
- Credit: RUSSELL STUBBS
Firefighters are at the scene of four different grass fires in Friday Woods, just a few miles south of Colchester.
Crews from Essex County Fire and Rescue Service were called to the grass fires in Friday Wood Green at around 9.30am this morning.
Shocking photos show huge flames appearing to sweep across a grassy area, with two crews from Colchester and one from Wivenhoe sent to battle the blaze.
Upon arrival, crews reported there were four different grass fires in close proximity, which have all been recorded as being deliberate.
Firefighters managed to extinguish the fires by 11.10am.
You may also want to watch:
Friday Woods is a nature reserve/army training area located on Bounstead Road and is a popular beauty spot among many dog walkers in the area.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 7 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 8 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 9 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 10 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets