Four men detained after trying to throw drugs over jail fence
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press, Archant
Four men have been detained by police after reportedly being caught trying to throw drugs over the fence of a Suffolk prison.
Haverhill Police posted on social media that officers had come across four men near the perimeter fence of Highpoint Prison in Stradishall, near Newmarket.
The officers searched the men and discovered class A drugs, cannabis and tobacco, according to the force.
The tweet, which was posted at 12.05pm today, read: “Turned out to be a busy day! Came across four males in a car near to the fence of HMP Highpoint. “Searched and items for a throw over located including Class A drugs, cannabis and tobacco #4detained.”
The force also tweeted it was assisting the Suffolk rural crime team in tackling hare coursing.
You may also want to watch:
It added: “Keeping an eye on the hunts in the area and eyes peeled for hare coursers. So far everything is looking good and no crimes being reported.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence