Gas leak in Glemsford sees four people rescued from home by firefighters
- Credit: Archant
Four people were rescued from a west Suffolk home by firefighters this evening after a gas leak was reported there.
Two crews, from Sudbury and Long Melford fire stations, were sent to Bells Lane in Glemsford at 8.41pm.
One of the four people inside the property was given oxygen by fire crews, who were first on the scene and evacuated the group from the house.
Paramedics arrived shortly afterwards, but it is not clear yet how many patients they treated.
Once everyone was out the house was ventilated, and fire crews left the scene shortly before 10pm.
You may also want to watch:
A fire service spokesman said: “It was a gas leak, the fire service attended – they gave one person oxygen.
“There were four people inside the house and it was ventilated once everybody had got out.
- 1 The 36 best restaurants in Suffolk according to the AA guide
- 2 Oxford boss hits out at 'ludicrous' League One spending while appearing to take swipe at Ipswich Town
- 3 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Bury St Edmunds bathroom store in liquidation owing nearly £140k
- 5 'We are in for three, four or five players' - Town CEO Ashton on new signings and deliver 'dramatic change' for Cook
- 6 TV presenter Paul Heiney complains as train leaves passengers behind
- 7 Edwards set to leave Ipswich Town to join League One rivals
- 8 'There's been a few clubs after me' - winger Edwards completes Wigan move after leaving Ipswich
- 9 A14 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 10 Ashton reveals season ticket sales and hails impact of Ed Sheeran sponsorship
“The ambulance service were also in attendance.”
The current conditions of those involved are not known at this time.
Representatives for the East of England Ambulance Service have been approached for comment.