Fourth man arrested in hunt for Maldon rapist is released on bail
- Credit: Archant
A 28-year-old man arrested on suspicion of the rape of a woman in Maldon has been released on police bail.
The man, from Maldon, was arrested on Friday in connection with the attack, which happened on January 24 in Mill Lane.
He has been released on police bail, pending further inquiries, until February 23
A woman in her 20s from the local area was walking away from the Fullbridge Tesco store, near the underpass at Mill Lane, when she was grabbed by two men, dragged into bushes and raped.
The attacked happened between 5.45pm and 6.15pm on Saturday, January 24.
You may also want to watch:
Two men who had been originally arrested in connection with the investigation were released without charge.
A third man, arrested on February 5, was also released without charge.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
Detectives are continuing to appeal for anyone with information to contact them on 01206 576845, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or email email@example.com.