Fourth straight win for Fen Tigers
Mildenhall 51 Plymouth 44THE Funky Catering Fen Tigers signed off their 2009 campaign with a fourth victory on the trot as they beat the Plymouth Devils by seven points to ensure they got the three points on offer in this entertaining fixture.
Mildenhall 51 Plymouth 44
THE Funky Catering Fen Tigers signed off their 2009 campaign with a fourth victory on the trot as they beat the Plymouth Devils by seven points to ensure they got the three points on offer in this entertaining fixture.
A healthy crowd witnessed some good racing as the home side raced into a 10-2 lead after the first two heats after successive maximum heat advantages.
The Devils were no pushover however with the duo of the very impressive Seemond Stephens and Kyle Hughes who scored paid 31 points between them ably supported by Paul Starke.
You may also want to watch:
The racing highlights came in heat nine where Luke Priest and Kyle Hughes passed each other on numerous occasions, with the Fen Tiger grabbing first place on the line when he dive bombed his opponent on the fourth bend to take the chequered flag.
Heat 14 saw Stephens jetted from the tapes to be tracked by Taylor Poole for three laps until the young Aussie passed him on bend one of the third lap to again bring the house down in what was a very well attended match.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 8 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 9 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 10 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
Fortunes have certainly improved for the Suffolk club of late with attendances increasing as the team have continued their rich vein of form.
The final fixture of the season will be this coming Sunday with the 2009 Renaissance Property Ltd Share Holders Trophy which has a start time of 4pm and has a host of top National League riders as well as the Fen Tigers team.
Mildenhall: Barrie Evans 8 (4 rides), Oliver Rayson 7+5 (5), Luke Priest 8+1 (5), James Birkinshaw 10 (5), Nick Laurence 4+1 (5), Taylor Poole 14 (6).
Plymouth: Danny Halsey 1+1 (4), Paul Starke 7(4), Matt Bates 4+1 (4), Seemond Stephens 15+1 (5), Kyle Hughes 15 (5), Jamie Pickard 1 (5), Danny Stoneman 1 (3).