Fox killed in murder most fowl
AN unfortunate fox was pecked to death by four fearsome chickens after breaking into their coop.The crafty creature got more than he bargained for when he slunk under the birds' pen, hoping for a quick bite.
AN unfortunate fox met a grisly end when he was pecked to death by four fearsome chickens after breaking into their coop.
The crafty creature got more than he bargained for when he slunk under the birds' pen, hoping for a quick bite.
Feisty cockerel Dude and his three hens, Izzy, Pongo and Pecky turned on the cunning raider on Friday night.
Owner Michelle Cordell, 43, found the hen-pecked corpse in the coop the next morning.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Cordell, from Basildon in Essex, said: “It's like revenge of the chicken.
“I was shocked. When I opened up the door, the chickens came running out, happy as anything.”
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 6 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 7 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 10 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown
A small table in the corner of the coop had been kicked over and was lying next to the fox's head.
Miss Cordell is in no doubt Dude was the ringleader in the gruesome crime.
“It looks like the fox bit off more than he could chew this time,” she said. “Dude thinks he is human and chases our dogs around the garden, pecking them.
“Now he is a murderer.”