Nostalgia: Rolling back the years to the Fram Gala of the 1960s and 70s
It’s one of east Suffolk’s biggest and long-standing events – and has been providing fun for all ages for more than a century.
The Framlingham Gala was one of the hundreds of celebrations cancelled across the county because of Covid-19 this spring but organisers are determined to see the three-day May event return, bigger and better than ever, in 2021.
Today we turn the clock back to the 1960s and 1970s with a spread of photos of the Gala taken by EADT photographers.
The big procession through the town is always the highlight of the programme – with local groups and organisations entering colourful floats, along with marching bands.
Events on the field next to Framlingham Castle included music, an annual tug of war competition, stalls, races and games.
You may also want to watch:
Do these photos bring back memories? Email email@example.com To order photos, visit www.eadt.co.uk/myphotos24, or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 4 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 5 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 6 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 7 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future