Nostalgia: Rolling back the years to the Fram Gala of the 1960s and 70s
It’s one of east Suffolk’s biggest and long-standing events – and has been providing fun for all ages for more than a century.
The Framlingham Gala was one of the hundreds of celebrations cancelled across the county because of Covid-19 this spring but organisers are determined to see the three-day May event return, bigger and better than ever, in 2021.
Today we turn the clock back to the 1960s and 1970s with a spread of photos of the Gala taken by EADT photographers.
The big procession through the town is always the highlight of the programme – with local groups and organisations entering colourful floats, along with marching bands.
Events on the field next to Framlingham Castle included music, an annual tug of war competition, stalls, races and games.
You may also want to watch:
Do these photos bring back memories? Email firstname.lastname@example.org To order photos, visit www.eadt.co.uk/myphotos24, or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth