Can you spot yourself in our Framlingham 10k picture gallery?
- Credit: Archant
The Framlingham 10k course record was broken this weekend as more than 340 runners competed for the top honours.
John Millar, part of the Ipswich Harriers, completed the 10,000 metre competition in just under 31mins breaking the previous record by over 45secs set by Matt Barnes-Smith in 2009.
Sam Lines, of Waveney Valley Running Club, was the fastest woman with a time of 36mins 59secs.
Elspeth Gilmour, race director and Framlingham Running Club member, said: “We were excited when we found out John was taking part.
“He’s been running well for a while and when he finished he didn’t look like he had broken sweat. He probably could have done it all over again.
You may also want to watch:
“Sam was also fantastic, she ran a great time.”
The 10k was not just a show for Suffolk’s fittest athletes it was also a family event, with 83 under-15s running in the junior race.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 5 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 6 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 7 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 8 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 9 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 10 Incoming Town CEO Ashton 'set to poach Bristol City head of football operations' - report
Ms Gilmour said: “Running is such a lone sport so it’s always nice to get together with other people who are mad enough to do it.”