Framlingham Castle hopes to increase number of days it's open over winter
- Credit: Dr Dan Poulter MP
The team at Framlingham Castle celebrated a bumper summer season as it revealed potential plans to increase the number of opening days.
The castle now draws in more than 100,000 visitors per year and has more than 20 volunteers and paid members of staff.
The castle's site manager confirmed they are looking at opening the castle for more days during winter and spring if demand allows, in particular for school visits.
Central Suffolk and North Ipswich MP, Dr Dan Poulter said he was "delighted" to visit the castle and that he will be supporting the team to help them find more car parking.
The castle increased in popularity after Framlingham's Ed Sheeran wrote a song about it called 'Castle On The Hill'.
You may also want to watch:
The castle's site manager also said that they are aware parking demand is an issue that Framlingham Town Council have identified as part of their Neighbourhood Plan and the team at the castle will continue to offer the council their support as they seek to address this.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 4 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 5 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 10 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish