Framlingham College thanks longest serving staff member - who has cycled 47,000 miles on her daily journey to work
- Credit: Framlingham College
The longest-serving staff member at an independent Suffolk school has been honoured for her 40 years in the job – and the 47,000 miles she has notched up on her daily cycle to work.
Framlingham College’s catering assistant Janice Moore joined the school on May 12, 1976, aged 16, and has been a “loyal member of the team ever since”.
To celebrate her 40 years, colleagues gathered recently for tea and cake, while headmaster Paul Taylor gave a brief history of some of the changes since Ms Moore joined the school. Ms Moore was presented with flowers and a long-service award.
She has cycled between her home in Dennington and the college grounds every day, five days a week, for the past 40 years.
The school calculated the distance as 47,000 miles - nearly twice the Earth’s circumference.
You may also want to watch:
“Congratulations and thank you Janice for your hard work and dedicated service,” the spokesman said.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 7 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 8 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 9 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 10 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke