Framlingham: Country show aims to be ‘bigger and - if possible - better’
- Credit: Archant
THE organisers of this year’s Framlingham Country Show and Suffolk Food, Drink and Music Festival have promised a packed weekend of fun for all the family.
Organisers say this year’s show is set to be even bigger and – if possible – better than the 2012 affair.
The weekend extravaganza runs over April 13 and 14 at Framlingham College and there will be a rabbit show, donkey rides, archery lessons and many other activities and craft stands.
A show spokesman said: “Joining the geese herding, we will also be having sheep racing and shearing. Take the time to watch the ferret racing or a fantastic gun dog demonstration or just simply sit back and enjoy our fabulous falconry.
“Why not take a helicopter ride over Framlingham Castle or have a go at our air rifle range? In 2013 there is one thing for sure, there will be so much to do, you will struggle to fit it into one day.”
This year’s Suffolk Food and Drink Festival will support a range of producers from across the county as well as a pick of the best from across the UK.
The spokesman added: “Come along and meet, sample and buy from our wonderful selection of food at the show. Whether it be some fabulous roasted coffee from Paddy and Scott’s, sausages, rapeseed oil, cakes, wonderful bread from Pump Street Bakery, cheese, curries, dressings, wine, there is something for everybody.
- 1 Two arrests as man suffers serious injuries in pub brawl in seaside village
- 2 Andy's Angles: Five observations from Ipswich Town's win at Forest Green
- 3 Plans for former Dorothy Perkins store in Suffolk town withdrawn
- 4 Top food event set to provide showcase for more than 100 Suffolk producers
- 5 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
- 6 Driver caught speeding at 94mph in 50 zone on A140 in mid Suffolk
- 7 Hunt for convicted murderer released on temporary licence in Ipswich
- 8 'A top team for League One' - Forest Green boss praises Town
- 9 See inside £715k mid Suffolk townhouse for sale after major revamp
- 10 Noise warning issued due to late night fighter jet training over airbase
“Cookery demonstrations will be held all day long by locally renowned chefs or producers – from butchery to bread making.
“We also have 15 live bands playing daily, allowing you to sit back and relax in the beautiful surroundings of Framlingham College.
“Now in its third year, this year’s festival promises to be better than ever before with more shopping opportunities, more activities and more glorious sunshine.”
For further details visit www.framcountryshow.co.uk or www.suffolkfoodfest.co.uk