Framlingham: Laura helps inspire England win
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
SHE’S Suffolk’s favourite soprano and is rapidly becoming the go-to-girl for big sporting occasions.
Laura Wright has already sung at the Rugby League Challenge Cup Final and performed at Twickenham in the past.
And dressed in a stunning red dress, the 22-year-old former Framlingham College student delivered the national anthem for the England national rugby union team on Saturday afternoon ahead of the Calcutta Cup clash with Scotland.
She also changed into a white Alberta Ferretti dress to sing again at half time.
England won the game 38-18 and Laura, who last year was named as the England rugby team’s first ever official anthem singer, won many more new fans.
You may also want to watch:
She was inundated with messages on social networking website Twitter, all praising her performance, and posted some behind-the-scenes pictures from the day in response.
She tweeted: “Thank you for all the lovely comments - got to catch some of the second half, too! Great game.”
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
- 10 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
Laura, from Framsden, is a passionate rugby fan who plays for the Rosslyn Park Ladies XV, known appropriately as the Slingbacks,
She followed Saturday’s performance with an early start as she made an appearance on BBC Breakfast yesterday morning.