Framlingham: Laura helps inspire England win
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
SHE’S Suffolk’s favourite soprano and is rapidly becoming the go-to-girl for big sporting occasions.
Laura Wright has already sung at the Rugby League Challenge Cup Final and performed at Twickenham in the past.
And dressed in a stunning red dress, the 22-year-old former Framlingham College student delivered the national anthem for the England national rugby union team on Saturday afternoon ahead of the Calcutta Cup clash with Scotland.
She also changed into a white Alberta Ferretti dress to sing again at half time.
England won the game 38-18 and Laura, who last year was named as the England rugby team’s first ever official anthem singer, won many more new fans.
She was inundated with messages on social networking website Twitter, all praising her performance, and posted some behind-the-scenes pictures from the day in response.
She tweeted: “Thank you for all the lovely comments - got to catch some of the second half, too! Great game.”
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 'I'm not here to settle' - Walton sets sights high after permanent Town move
- 3 'One or two we're speaking to' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 4 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 5 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 6 Town could lose its Post Office branch in triple closure shock
- 7 McKenna on offers for Harper and El Mizouni and Fraser's Town future
- 8 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 9 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 10 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
Laura, from Framsden, is a passionate rugby fan who plays for the Rosslyn Park Ladies XV, known appropriately as the Slingbacks,
She followed Saturday’s performance with an early start as she made an appearance on BBC Breakfast yesterday morning.