Nine new homes set to be built north of town
- Credit: Archant
A developer has launched a bid to build nine homes on land north of Framlingham.
Michael Howard Homes has submitted a planning application to East Suffolk Council seeking permission for their proposed housing development north of New Road.
The plans include demolishing several agricultural buildings, with others being retained for use in the development.
The site in New Road is surrounded by fields on the road to the hamlet of Brabling Green, nearly a mile from Framlingham town centre.
East Suffolk’s Local Plan states at least one third of homes in developments of 10 or more need to be classed as affordable.
You may also want to watch:
However, the size of the planned development means this policy does not apply, with the number of homes one below the threshold.
An environmental survey has already been carried out at the site, with the study finding the area is at an “elevated risk” of flooding.
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 9 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'