Framlingham: Music event called off on police advice
A YOUTH group cancelled a planned music event at a church hall on advice from police officers.
The Framlingham and Area Youth Action Partnership book St Michael’s Rooms in the town every other Friday night.
It is believed last night’s session had been promoted on the internet as a DJ night and a large crowd was expected.
Police became aware of the gathering and advised organisers that permission would have to be secured for such an event, after which the night was called off.
A force spokesman said: “Police became aware of a number of people planning to attend an evening at St Michael’s rooms in Framlingham on Friday night.
You may also want to watch:
“Following advice from officers in relation to the requirement for a Temporary Event Notice the organisers cancelled the evening and the Framlingham and Area Youth Action Partnership decided to close the youth group this week.”
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 5 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 6 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 7 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 8 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 9 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 10 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1