Framlingham’s Ed Sheeran named best-selling global artist of 2017
- Credit: PA Wire
Suffolk’s Ed Sheeran has picked up another prestigious award after scoring pole position on a list naming top-selling musicians in the world.
The Shape of You singer has been named the best-selling global recording artist for 2017 by the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI).
The star, who went to Thomas Mills High School in Framlingham, is the only British musician to feature in the top-10 list.
His album, Divide, was released in March last year and has been classified as multi-platinum in 32 markets.
Ed has become the first artist on the list to claim a double by having the best-selling album and best-selling single of the year.
You may also want to watch:
Frances Moore, IFPI’s chief executive, said: “The success Ed has achieved is astonishing and testament to his ability to write and perform songs that connect with a truly global fanbase.”
The list also includes Drake, Taylor Swift and Kendrick Lamar.
- 1 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 £1m renovation on Suffolk castle will change the appearance
- 4 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 5 Revealed: The most popular names for babies born in Suffolk in 2020
- 6 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 7 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 8 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 9 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 10 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees