Framlingham Town Council set for new chapter - at library in Old Court House
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk council will begin a new chapter - with a cost-saving move to headquarters in the town’s library.
Framlingham Town Council’s offices will be relocated to the library in Old Court House, Bridge Street, over Easter weekend.
Both organisations claim the move will be beneficial - bringing extra income for the library service while reducing office costs for the council.
It will also mean services for local people are provided from one location and will bring extra visitors to the library.
Library manager Lesley Clouting said: “This move benefits everyone as it has economic benefits for the library and town council and will make it easier for local people to access services in one place. We know from other projects across the county where libraries are now hosting council services, that this can work well and often leads to more people using the library service too. Framlingham Library already has a very strong relationship with the town council and we look forward to welcoming them into the library later this month.”
You may also want to watch:
Town clerk Eileen Coe added: “The town council has always supported the library service in Framlingham and we are looking forward to working together with them in this lovely historic building in the centre of the town.”
The new office space will be created with no reduction in books or public computers. The library will remain open during the work, which is intended to be carried out with minimum disruption.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 4 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 6 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 7 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed