Framlingham: Town has strong (but silly) charity ties
- Credit: Archant
AN entire Suffolk town is getting into the fundraising spirit by donning silly ties for this year’s Comic Relief appeal.
Almost every business in Framlingham has volunteered to join in and get staff to wear colourful, silly or just plain garish ties in order to raise cash on Red Nose Day.
The growing list of participating businesses so far includes 30 shops, traders and offices from across the market town, some of which will have collection buckets for staff and customers to make a donation.
Anyone struggling to find silly neckwear can choose from a selection of ties and bow ties at Bulstrodes in Bridge Street.
Jenny Stockman, of Framlingham Business Association, said: “Thinking about charity when we’re working all hours to tend to our own businesses could seem like a distraction. That is why an opportunity for the whole town’s business community to take part in one big initiative to raise money for such a good cause through Comic Relief is ideal.”
You may also want to watch:
People can still sign up by emailing email@example.com for details.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 6 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 9 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 10 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation