Free football if you sign up to £10,000 youth football club giveaway
- Credit: Archant
With the new football season starting this weekend, many young people will be eager to get out on the pitch themselves to play for their local team.
And today you could help them – by joining our £10,000 youth football club giveaway and get a free football for your club as soon as you sign up.
This newspaper’s Club Together campaign – which is giving Suffolk’s youth football teams the chance to win a share of £10,000 worth of equipment - was launched in July.
All clubs that register and collect 1,000 tokens will qualify for £100 worth of football equipment, with the first bumper set of tokens printed last week.
The first 100 clubs that sign up for our £10,000 youth football club giveaway, Club Together, will automatically receive a free training football.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk’s under-eight to under-18 clubs affiliated with the Suffolk FA are all eligible to sign up for Club Together.
Once signed up they will receive a Joma Dali Training Football which has a recommend retail price of £17.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 5 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
All clubs that collect 1,000 tokens from this newspaper between now and October 19 will also receive £100 of football equipment from Total Football in Ipswich.
The three clubs that collect the most tokens, calculated on a pro rata basis, will win prizes of £1,500, £1,000 and £500.
There is no limit on the size of the football clubs entering the Club Together competition.
David Grimwood, manager of Achilles under-eights, based in Ipswich, said: “Grassroots football is a great opportunity for boys and girls to get active and enjoy doing what they see their role models doing on TV.
“It also allows them to make new friendships and develop life skills such as teamwork, communication and learning to both win and lose with respect.
“Club Together is a good opportunity to receive funding for our youth teams and provide equipment for them to use during training and match days.
“We are trying to expand and this is a costly time of the season so any support we can get takes the pressure off parents having to find the money.”