Freight train hits road vehicle between Derby Road and Trimley stations
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services are currently on the scene of a crash between a freight train and a road vehicle between Derby Road and Trimley.
Emergency services have been called to the scene of a crash between a freight train and a road vehicle on the Felixstowe Road level crossing at Levington tonight.
Greater Anglia confirmed the incident took place at around 8.40pm and the line was blocked between Ipswich and Felixstowe. A spokeswoman said services on the Felixstowe line would be suspended for the rest of the evening and the situation will be reviewed tomorrow morning.
No details of injuries or casualties were confirmed at the time of going to press, but Greater Anglia said on Twitter “emergency services are on site working as quickly as possible to restore the train service to normal.”
A Suffolk police spokesman confirmed officers were at the crash scene supporting British Transport Police who were leading the investigation.
Someone in the area described seeing a number of police cars and a helicopter hovering in the sky.
- 1 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 2 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 3 Major west Suffolk reopens after lorry and car crash
- 4 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 5 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 6 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 7 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 8 'It was unanimous... this season's not dead' - Ashton on why Town sacked Cook
- 9 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 10 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss