Fresh snow flurry brings treacherous driving conditions for region’s motorists
- Credit: Archant
A fresh flurry of snow is making for treacherous driving conditions on the region’s roads this evening.
Flakes began to fall again just as the sun fell, settling on roads and pathways across East Anglia.
A police spokesman said the force had not received any new reports of collisions due to the fresh snow but warned that the weather had ‘stepped up a gear’.
He added that residents should avoid travelling and only drive if absolutely necessary.
Forecasters warned snow, high winds and icy temperatures are set to continue through the evening, although temperatures are set to rise over the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
However, the melting snow could create icy patches on the roads on Saturday morning, making driving conditions dangerous.
Rain and sleet showers are set to take over at the weekend.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 4 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 5 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 10 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston