Fresh snow flurry brings treacherous driving conditions for region’s motorists
- Credit: Archant
A fresh flurry of snow is making for treacherous driving conditions on the region’s roads this evening.
Flakes began to fall again just as the sun fell, settling on roads and pathways across East Anglia.
A police spokesman said the force had not received any new reports of collisions due to the fresh snow but warned that the weather had ‘stepped up a gear’.
He added that residents should avoid travelling and only drive if absolutely necessary.
Forecasters warned snow, high winds and icy temperatures are set to continue through the evening, although temperatures are set to rise over the weekend.
However, the melting snow could create icy patches on the roads on Saturday morning, making driving conditions dangerous.
Rain and sleet showers are set to take over at the weekend.
- 1 Major west Suffolk reopens after lorry and car crash
- 2 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 3 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 4 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 5 'It was unanimous... this season's not dead' - Ashton on why Town sacked Cook
- 6 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 7 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 8 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 9 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 10 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia