Dog owners enjoy New Year’s Day stroll in Fressingfield in aid of EACH
Dogs from in and around Fressingfield have taken part in the village’s 24th annual New Year’s Day walk.
This year was the third year that East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) Nook Appeal was selected to benefit from the traditional ramble.
Previous rambles have raised around £5,000 for the appeal which hopes to raise money for a new purpose-built hospice in Norfolk.
Walkers began the trek at the Swan Inn in the village, before a five-mile walk which saw participants returning to the pub for hot soup and bread.
The event was open to pets of all shapes and sizes to attend with previous ramblers including a llama.
You may also want to watch:
Those without pets were also welcome to attend.
Tal Williams, EACH community fundraiser, said: “What better way to celebrate New Year’s Day than with a bracing walk around the picturesque village of Fressingfield.”
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 7 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 8 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 9 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns