Pedestrian rushed to hospital after major crash near A12
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A man believed to be in his 60s is being assessed by paramedics after he was involved in a crash with a car near the A12 at Saxmundham.
Police say the man was walking along Friday Street, the A1094, near the Friday Street cafe shortly before 9.40am today when he was involved in the collision.
A spokesman for the force said: "We were called to reports of a road traffic collision between a pedestrian and a car.
"A man has been taken to hospital by land ambulance for treatment.
"The extent of his injuries are not currently known."
You may also want to watch:
Eyewitness reported seeing a helicopter land near the scene.
The A1094 had been closed for more than an hour following the crash, but police have since re-opened the road.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 6 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 10 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
Traffic had built heavily in the area towards Aldeburgh, with tailbacks stretching onto the A12 near Farnham.