Beach huts destroyed by fire on windy seafront
- Credit: Archant
Twelve beach huts were destroyed in a blaze on a resort’s seafront this afternoon.
Firefighters worked hard in very windy weather conditions to get the fire under control and stop it spreading to any more of the seaside chalets at Frinton-on-Sea.
Three crews - from Frinton, Weeley, and Clacton - were called to the incident on the Esplanade just before 2pm.
A spokesman for Essex Fire and Rescue Service said: "On arrival crews confirmed that a total of 12 beach huts were completely alight."
Officers said the huts were "completely destroyed" and the crews managed to extinguish the fire by 3.40pm.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is not known at this stage.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 5 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 6 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 7 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health