Frinton: Chinese lanterns released as a tribute to murdered teenager Jay Whiston
Moving memorial for murdered teen
HUNDREDS of people gathered on Frinton seafront to pay tribute to murdered Clacton teenager Jay Whiston.
Pupils from Tendring Technology College organised the event which was attended by 500 friends and family.
The 17-year-old was stabbed in Marlowe Way, Colchester, at a house party on September 8 and later died in hospital.
His mother, Caroline Shearer, of Aster Close, Clacton, also attended the ceremony at which Chinese lanterns were released over Frinton’s Greensward on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Police have arrested five people in connection with the incident and say more arrests cannot be ruled out. They have appealed to young partygoers to help them gain information about the evening’s events.
Anyone with information in connection with the death is urged to contact detectives at Colchester’s Major Investigation Team on 01245 452882, e-mail them on SCDappeals@essex.pnn.police.uk or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 2 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 3 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 5 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 6 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 10 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement