Frinton/Kirby Cross: Warning over creeper burglar
- Credit: Eastern Counties Newspapers
DETECTIVES have urged people living in Frinton to be on guard after a series of incidents involving a creeper burglar.
The same intruder is suspected of a burglary and three attempted burglaries in the Kirby Cross area over the weekend.
The suspect is also thought to be linked to thefts from two cars parked in the same area and an attempted theft from another vehicle nearby.
The burglary and two of the attempted burglaries happened in the Frinton Road area at 4am on Saturday while another attempted burglary happened in the same area in the early hours of Sunday.
Investigating officer DS Shaun Hudson said: “These incidents have happened in a small area and about the same time on both Saturday and Sunday mornings.
You may also want to watch:
“We believe that a creeper burglar has been on the prowl in gardens and has tried to break open doors or windows at three properties.
“At a fourth property the burglar managed to get in but he ran off after being disturbed by the occupant.”
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 7 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 10 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
Security advice includes locking doors, windows and garden gates and not leaving valuables on show in vehicles.
Anyone with information should call Ds Hudson at Clacton CID on 101.