Frinton Memorial Garden
PUBLISHED: 13:53 03 August 2018
A memorial garden has been rededicated after work was carried out at the site.
The memorial garden in Frinton-on-Sea was originally constructed in 1918 to remember those lost in World War One but now work has been completed so residents can better understand its history.
Lieutenant Colonel Steven Caldwell, the commander of the Colchester Garrison and Reverend Mark Grant-Jones, senior chaplain at the garrison took part in a rededication at the site where a plaque was also unveiled.
Among the other work carried out at the site was the installation of a new information board to explain the history behind the site.
The garden was formerly known as the gun garden and had been home to a large gun, captured at a battle in World War One by officer General Lord Byng of Vimy who lived in Thorpe Hall.
It was removed from the garden in 1940 to be put back into military service during the Second World War.