Frinton: One Foot in the Grave actor Richard Wilson set to join Frinton theatre group
- Credit: PA
Veteran actor Richard Wilson is set to perform with a well-known north Essex theatre group this summer.
Best known for playing Victor Meldrew in the BBC’s One Foot in the Grave and Caius in Merlin, Mr Wilson has agreed to join Frinton Summer Theatre to celebrate their 75th anniversary.
He is due to star in one week of the season at the McGrigor Hall in Frinton.
On the announcement he said: “It’s going to be an experience I’m really looking forward to getting stuck into. I hope my presence and that of some other well known names will get as many people through the doors as possible to enjoy what will be a fantastic season.”
Frinton Summer Theatre is currently planning its programme for 2014 and well-known faces including Lynda Bellingham and Nickolas Grace, who started their careers at Frinton, have backed a campaign to increase audience numbers during this landmark year.
Producer of Frinton Summer Theatre for the 2014 season, Matthew Townshend, said he was “absolutely thrilled” that Mr Wilson had agreed to join the ranks of the repertory theatre.
“We’ve no doubt it will be a far cry from Samuel Beckett’s Krapp’s Last Tape, which he will have finished just before he arrives to start rehearsals in a scout hut on the Essex coast,” he added.
- 1 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 2 'I just don't operate that way' - Town owner Steed tells it straight on first visit
- 3 'Abandoned' cottage and studio up for sale after huge renovation
- 4 Suffolk cinema to allow dog owners to bring their pets to watch films
- 5 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 6 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 7 'It's going great' - New pizzeria proving a hit in east Suffolk town
- 8 Former Town striker Chopra out of retirement to join non-league club
- 9 Former town council manager named as woman who died in A11 crash
- 10 Rail services disrupted after Needham Market bridge struck
For more information about Frinton Summer Theatre visit the frintonsummertheatre.co.uk website.