Frinton: One Foot in the Grave actor Richard Wilson set to join Frinton theatre group
- Credit: PA
Veteran actor Richard Wilson is set to perform with a well-known north Essex theatre group this summer.
Best known for playing Victor Meldrew in the BBC’s One Foot in the Grave and Caius in Merlin, Mr Wilson has agreed to join Frinton Summer Theatre to celebrate their 75th anniversary.
He is due to star in one week of the season at the McGrigor Hall in Frinton.
On the announcement he said: “It’s going to be an experience I’m really looking forward to getting stuck into. I hope my presence and that of some other well known names will get as many people through the doors as possible to enjoy what will be a fantastic season.”
Frinton Summer Theatre is currently planning its programme for 2014 and well-known faces including Lynda Bellingham and Nickolas Grace, who started their careers at Frinton, have backed a campaign to increase audience numbers during this landmark year.
You may also want to watch:
Producer of Frinton Summer Theatre for the 2014 season, Matthew Townshend, said he was “absolutely thrilled” that Mr Wilson had agreed to join the ranks of the repertory theatre.
“We’ve no doubt it will be a far cry from Samuel Beckett’s Krapp’s Last Tape, which he will have finished just before he arrives to start rehearsals in a scout hut on the Essex coast,” he added.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 4 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 5 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 8 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 9 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 10 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
For more information about Frinton Summer Theatre visit the frintonsummertheatre.co.uk website.