Frinton: TV stars, former Dr Who David Tennant and One Foot In The Grave actor Richard Wilson, visit Frinton Summer Theatre
- Credit: Archant
A restaurant in Frinton has become a favourite with stars of stage and screen visiting the Frinton Summer Theatre.
Avenue Bistro in Connaught Avenue has been welcoming actor Richard Wilson into their establishment over the last week while he performed in new play The Dog at the McGrigor Hall.
Not only that but other stars have dropped in as well while visiting the area, including Alan Rickman and Miranda Richardson.
Then on Friday night former Doctor Who star David Tennant also visited the bistro with Mr Wilson – and the pair even posed for photos with some of the staff.
Owner Zsazsa Mina said being close to the theatre helped their trade.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s really down to the theatre, we’ve been open 18 months and we’re just around the corner,” she said.
“He (Mr Wilson) said he is definitely coming back. He was in the restaurant a least two or three times a day over the last fortnight and then David Tennant came down to watch it at the end of last week.
- 1 Body found in the River Orwell
- 2 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 5 Could any released Bristol City players reunite with Ashton at Ipswich?
- 6 What has changed in Woodbridge over lockdown?
- 7 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'eye' Sheffield Wednesday midfielder
- 9 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 10 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
“They were there until quite late having drinks. They were both extremely lovely. Richard came and thanked us and David Tennant thanked us for staying open late.”
Before leaving the bistro on Friday evening Mr Wilson and Mr Tennant posed for a picture with two of the business’ waitresses, cousins Olivia and Emily Bailey, which was then posted to the restaurant’s Facebook page.