Frinton: Two pedestrians seriously injured in motorbike crash
A COUPLE were seriously injured after a motorbike mounted the pavement and collided with them in Essex.
The incident happened in Cliff Way, Frinton, at around 8.30pm yesterday leaving a husband and wife injured on the ground.
The rider spoke briefly to female as she lay hurt on the pavement before getting into a car that had arrived to collect him.
The casualties, a couple from Berkshire who were in Frinton to visit relatives, were hit from behind when the motorcycle went out of control and mounted the pavement. The bike stopped down an embankment.
The man, 64, suffered a fractured skull and three breakages to his left arm, while the 60-year-old woman, sustained three fractures to her right arm.
You may also want to watch:
They are both currently at Colchester General Hospital in a stable condition.
Sgt Dave Cook said: “We know that the motorcyclist went to talk to the injured woman while she lay on the ground. Her husband was unconscious nearby.
- 1 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 2 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 7 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
“He said a few words than callously walked away from the couple and got into a car that came to collect him.” The motorbike was a red 1100cc Yamaha XVS and the rider, who was wearing an open-faced helmet, left the scene in a silver car.
Witnesses or anyone with information should call the Essex police serious collision investigation unit on 101 or e-mail email@example.com