Frostenden: Teenage girl killed in two vehicle A12 collision at Frostenden is named as Shannley Leaver
- Credit: Archant
A teenage girl who died following a two vehicle road traffic collision on the A12 at Frostenden on Tuesday 8 October has been named as Shannley Leaver, aged 16 years from Great Yarmouth, Norfolk.
Emergency services including volunteers from Suffolk Accident Rescue Service and Norfolk Accident Rescue Service were called to the collision just after 8.15pm, Tuesday 8 October.
The collision involved a silver Citroen Saxo car that was heading north, and a silver Peugeot 106 travelling south.
Ronald Gates, aged 55 years from Knodishall was the driver of the Peugeot and sadly died at the scene.
Shannley Leaver was a rear seat passenger of the Citroen car and was also sadly pronounced deceased at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The 18-year-old male driver of the Citroen sustained serious injuries and was taken to Addenbrookes Hospital by air ambulance where he remains in a critical but stable condition.
Two further passengers in the Citroen and a passenger in the Peugeot were taken to the James Paget hospital where they currently remain.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 5 Woman's body found in village home
- 6 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 7 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
- 10 'Things might have been very different'... outgoing skipper Chambers reflects on that play-off season
Police are continuing with their enquiries to establish the cause of the collision and would like to hear from anyone who was travelling along the A12 around this time who may have seen the two vehicles travelling along the road prior to the collision or the crash itself.
Calls should be made to PC Danny Ormes at the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Suffolk Police on 101.