Fundraising idea certainly not pants!
- Credit: Archant
Men in a Suffolk village are being captured on camera going about their daily business – in their underwear.
Some 24 men from Bredfield are taking part in the black and white Men in Pants calendar to raise cash for Macmillan Cancer care.
Pin-ups include Andy Barker, landlord of the Castle Inn, and villager, Sir Nick Young, former chief executive of the Red Cross and Macmillan Cancer.
While Andy is playing snooker, Sir Nicholas is picking pears.
Men in Pants 2016 was inspired by a now famous photograph of actor, James Corden, in his pants which was a star lot at the charity auction organised by villager, Anne Henderson.
You may also want to watch:
In September Anne raised £19,748 for Macmillan Cancer by undertaking a sponsored head shave in the pub alongside the auction.
When neighbour, Liz Gwillam, won the bid for the photograph, and landlord, Andy, agreed to be photographed in his pants to raise another £100; by the end of the evening, 18 local men had also agreed to be photographed in their pants!
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
Anne said: “Lots of us have been affected by cancer either directly or through friends and family, and we have been overwhelmed by villagers wanting to help.
“So many men have volunteered to be photographed that we’ve had to turn some away! This whole project has really brought the village together and we are grateful to those who have given up their time to make the calendar a success.”
The calendar – shot by photographer Glyn Collins – will be officially launched in The Castle Inn, Bredfield, on Thursday, November 12 at 6pm.
It costs £10 with all proceeds going to Macmillan Cancer Support. The Men In Pants stars will be signing copies at the launch and copies will also be available at the Castle Inn, Bredfield Village Shop or via e-mail email@example.com