Funeral service halted by crematorium fire
Firefighters are currently in attendance at Ipswich Crematorium after smoke was reported in the building’s roof.
Three fire engines were called to the crematorium in Cemetery Lane at 11.38am today.
Smoke entered the building’s roof space from a fractured pipe.
Fire crews are using a turn table ladder and thermal imaging equipment to check for any signs of a fire spreading.
It is believed that a service was taking place at the time of the incident which had to be temporarily halted.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews are still at the scene but the incident was dealt with by 1.12pm.
Engineers will inspect the building after fire crews leave the scene.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 9 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 10 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp