Further appeal for witnesses after three injured in Witham disturbance
Further witnesses are being sought to a disturbance in Witham which left three people injured earlier this month.
The incident was opposite the Gulf petrol station in Braintree Road at about 3.30pm on Tuesday, September 15.
A 24-year-old man from Witham suffered cuts to his face and a 16-year-old girl from Witham suffered pain to her neck.
Two 14-year-old girls from Maldon were also assaulted. One suffered a cut to her head.
Pc Kate Matthams, of Braintree police, said: “This disturbance took place on a busy street and there were a lot of people in the area at the time.
You may also want to watch:
“I would appeal to any witnesses who have yet to come forward or anyone with information to get in touch.”
A 33-year-old woman from Witham was arrested on suspicion of assault and possession of an offensive weapon and a 34-year-old man from Witham was arrested on suspicion of assault and public order offences.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 7 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 8 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 9 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 10 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
Both were released on bail until November 13, pending further enquiries.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Kate Matthams or Pc Adam Bishop at Braintree police station on 101.