Further disruption to trains passing through Witham as emergency works continue
- Credit: Archant
There is further disruption to trains passing through Witham today as urgent repair works to a bridge on the line continue.
Train operator Abellio Greater Anglia say services running through Witham and Hatfield Peverel trains have to run at reduced speed on all lines, and may be delayed by up to five minutes.
The railway Bridge at Blunts Hall in Witham was damaged by a large Network Rail maintenance train, and was reported on Sunday morning.
The 5.40am Clacton to London Liverpool Street called additionally at Hatfield Peverel and Ingatestone.
The 6am and 6.29am services from Ipswich to London Liverpool Street were terminated at Colchester, while the 6.18am Witham to Liverpool Street and the 6.24am Norwich to London Liverpool Street services were cancelled.
You may also want to watch:
Other services to Liverpool Street are cancelled today. They are the 7.17am service from Witham, and the 7.29am service from Witham.
Travelling out of the capital, the service scheduled to run from Liverpool Street to Colchester Town at 7.36am will now start at Colchester at 8.41am, and the 8am train from London to Ipswich will start at Colchester at 9.02am.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
The 7.46am service from London to Braintree will also call at Ingatestone at 8.14am, while the 8.16am service from London to Ipswich will call additionally at Kelvedon at 8.58am and Marks Tey at 9.06am.
The 8.16am London Liverpool Street to Clacton service will now start at Colchester at 9.18am.
Abellio Greater Anglia apologised for the disruption.