Future of health services to be debated in Sudbury
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The future of the NHS and health services in the Sudbury area are to be debated by an Any Questions style panel at an event this week.
Local action group Sudbury WATCH (Working Together for Community Health) has invited the panel of NHS executives, health professionals and the prospective South Suffolk candidates for the forthcoming general election.
The idea of the debate, which will take place at St Peter’s Church, Market Hill, this Friday from 7pm, will focus on the many conflicting needs and problems within the NHS and how they might be resolved, particularly in relation to the local area.
Former WATCH chair Peter Clifford said: “Over the last year, the NHS and how it is run and financed has been the subject of major debate across the media.
“WATCH therefore, just prior to the general election run-up starting in earnest, is providing an opportunity for members of the public to ask questions of local NHS executives and the parliamentary candidates for South Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
“Many changes will be seen in NHS nationally over the coming years and locally Sudbury has been chosen as an ‘early adopter site’ for the integration of health and social care. More on this will be explained during the course of the evening.
“While we do not want this to turn into a political broadcast, we are interested in hearing all views.”
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 3 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 9 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 10 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
The debate will run for two hours and members of the audience will be asked to provide questions on arrival.
There is no charge, and everyone is welcome.