Reception to be held in support of Gainsborough’s House project
- Credit: Archant
A reception to show support for a multi-million pound national centre dedicated to the artist Thomas Gainsborough is to be hosted by Sudbury Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Work on the transformation of Gainsborough’s House – the birthplace and childhood home of the famous artist – is set to start in November after more than £8million was raised through a grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund and private donations.
Further fundraising is needed to secure the future of the project and businesses and tickets for the reception will go towards the development and include a year’s Friends of Gainsborough’s House membership.
The transformation will include feature four new galleries – a Gainsborough gallery, a landscape studio and learning zone with panoramic views over Sudbury, a community gallery and a major exhibition gallery.
Terry Waite will be the guest of honour at the reception, which includes refreshments provided by sponsors Waitrose and Lavenham Brook, a tour of the house and a walkthrough of plans for the upcoming development.
You may also want to watch:
The reception will take place on Thursday, September 20, at Gainsborough’s House.
For more information on business events and networking in the Sudbury and district area, visit www.sudbury.org.uk
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 4 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 5 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 6 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 7 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 8 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 9 More police mistakes in case of 'bubbly and funny' Emma who fell from window
- 10 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One