Gallery: 1940s clothing and kitsch items sold at Long Melford Antique and Vintage Fair
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A growing and modernising vintage and antique fair held its last event of the year at the weekend.
The Long Melford Antique and Vintage Fair has a heritage going back over 30 years, but the new owners since June have been determined to attract a younger clientele.
Held for two days at the Old School, between 9.30am -4pm, their last event of 2014 was held yesterday. With the introduction of vintage stalls, selling 1940s clothing and kitsch items, co-owner Laure Bonner said the fair had been very successful in the last few months.
The 34-year-old head of the archaeology department at Cambridge University said: “There has been an antique fair here at the old school for probably 30 years or more. Me and my (business) partner took over in June and we have been trying to attract a younger audience. That is why we have brought in vintage traders.
“We have traders selling almost everything you would want to find at antique fair. We have 30 sellers who come every month.
You may also want to watch:
“The business in the autumn was fantastic and we had a lot of Christmas shoppers down in November.
“My business partner, Pearl Gee, used to run an antique shop in Long Melford. She did that for 15 years, so we have experience in the trade.”
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
The fairs are held on the last weekend of every month and more information can be found at www.facebook.com/longmelfordfairs