Gallery: 2013 Pearl Izumi Tour Series cycling finale takes centre stage in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
The grand finale of the 2013 Pearl Izumi Tour Series has kicked off in the town centre, with thousands of people lining the streets ready to catch a glimpse of the action.
In its fifth season of racing, the exciting brand of cycling showcases Britain’s top professional teams and cyclists in the town for the first time ever.
Ten teams, consisting of five riders, will go head-to-head in a team time trial and a fast-paced circuit race at speeds of over 30mph.
The course starts and finishes on the Cornhill and passes through Westgate Street, Museum Street, Princes Street, along Buttermarket to Upper Brook Street and back along Tavern Street.
The British Cycling Go Ride and Ticket to Ride events took place earlier, with plenty more action left to go.
You may also want to watch:
The Pearl Izumi Tour Series Round Eleven Team Time Trial is currently underway.
The schedule for this evening is:
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 9 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 Exit Interview: Ward was the model pro who started fast but simply ran out of steam
4.15pm - Adnams Corporate Cup
5.30pm - Elite ‘Pro’ Challenge
6.30pm - Riders warm-up on the circuit
7.20pm - Teams form up on the starting grid with mascots
7.30pm - The Pearl Izumi Tour Series Round Eleven starts
8.45pm - Race Finish
9.00pm - Final podium ceremony and presentation