Gallery: A classic day out for fans of old-fashioned motoring at Helmingham Hall
- Credit: Archant
It was a sight to make any car fan hot under the bonnet.
And as the sun shone down, thousands of people flocked to Helmingham Hall to see the Festival of Classic and Sports Cars yesterday.
Held in association with the Suffolk Vehicle Enthusiasts Club, about 700 vehicles pulled onto the Tollemache’s estate, representing the last 10 decades of motoring history.
Along with more genteel classic models, the ancient deer park also reverberated to the sounds of Corvettes, Ferraris and Porsches.
Organisers said they hoped donations made by exhibitors would overtake last year’s total of £3,750, which was raised for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices.
You may also want to watch:
And those not watching the cars were able to enjoy main ring entertainment, craft and trade stalls, birds of prey, live music and local food and drink.
- 1 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 2 Body found in the River Orwell
- 3 Could any released Bristol City players reunite with Ashton at Ipswich?
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'eye' Sheffield Wednesday midfielder
- 5 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 What has changed in Woodbridge over lockdown?
- 8 Wrong way A12 driver flees scene after causing crash
- 9 Town looking into Portman Road safe standing area ahead of new season
- 10 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons