Gallery: A life in pictures as Felixstowe icon Charlie Manning dies
TRIBUTES have been paid to Felixstowe businessman Charlie Manning, who has died today.
Mr Manning, who took over the running of his Sea Road funfair and amusement park from his father, Charlie Sr, has been a larger-than-life figure in the resort for decades and his death will come as a massive blow to those who knew him.
Andrew Rowdon, chairman of Felixstowe Chamber of Trade and Commerce, said: “It’s very, very sad.
“He’s going to be truly missed by Felixstowe and he was obviously a big part of the Chamber for very many years. He was our longest-standing member.
“He was an icon in Felixstowe and he was invaluable at bringing tourism into the resort. This is a big loss for us all.”
You may also want to watch:
- See the gallery of Mr Manning over the years at the top right of this story.
- Would you like to pay your tribute to Mr Manning? Leave a comment below or e-mail email@example.com.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 8 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 9 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
- 10 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune