Gallery: Almost 370 runners compete in Stowmarket Half Marathon
Hundreds of runners have raced round the Suffolk countryside competing in a popular half marathon.
The Stowmarket Half Marathon saw 367 senior runners challenge themselves in the race which is based in nearby Buxhall.
Gavin Davies was first through the finish line for the men in 76 minutes for the Ipswich Jaffas. Bedford and County Athletics Club’s Jo Wilkinson was first for the ladies in 82 minutes.
Heidi Bingham, one of the club’s race directors, said: “It was a success, it had 450 entries – which would have been the biggest – but not everyone turned up.
“I think this year’s race fitted in well with people’s marathon training which probably attracted a few people.”
You may also want to watch:
Proceeds from the race will go to the Colchester branch of the MS Society.
More than 20 children ran in the junior race – including in distances of 650metres and 2.5km.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
A race report with more photographs will be published later in the week.