Gallery: Breast cancer charity event a stroll in park
LADIES were pretty in pink as they basked in glorious sunshine to raise cash for the Breakthrough Breast Cancer charity.
Dressed in fantastic pink wigs, tops and sunglasses, around 100 women took a Walk on the Westside around Ickworth Park in Horringer to raise �5,000 for the vital cause.
Bonk Tasker, organiser of the event, said: “It was such a special day.
“It is a fantastic setting and people just came to have fun and raise money.”
The fun-loving walkers tackled either a four or 11-mile route around the scenic grounds of estate yesterday before enjoying lunch at The Ickworth Hotel.
You may also want to watch:
Now in its fifth year, supporters rally to take part in the popular event in memory of loved ones who have fought cancer.
All money raised at the walk will go to Breakthrough Breast Cancer which funds research and education into the causes of the disease.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 8 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 9 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 10 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
“It is amazing how people embrace this walk,” Bonk said. “Sadly, everyone seems to know someone who has suffered with breast cancer, whether they are a mother, sister or daughter.
“This is a fantastic way to raise awareness and help cure this wretched disease.”
To make a donation visit www.suffolkbreakthroughevents.co.uk