Gallery: Can you beat John Frost’s huge pumpkin which weighs the same as a young child?
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Not content with his seven stone (44.6kg) mighty marrow, a man from Wetherden has a new legume which comes close to beating it.
A six stone 12 pound (43.5kg) titan of a pumpkin is John Frost’s latest vast vegetable.
He said: “I have been growing vegetables for about 50 years but they have not been like this before. I have won a lot of prizes at vegetable shows and I think it is nice for people to see it, because they would have never seen anything like that before.”
The mighty veg were grown on the village’s allotments behind the church.
He added: “Most people know I grow a lot of good vegetables; when we had the village show I had won the cup every year for years and years.”
He said what made the sizes of the vegetables even more surprising was the recent dry weather.
Mr Frost has been teaching his neighbour Freddie Winder about gardening.
- 1 Go-ahead for 1,000 new homes on controversial site
- 2 Ex-Town duo sign for League One rivals
- 3 'Inspiring and brilliant' Suffolk pilot, 21, died from an infected insect sting
- 4 Wooden fence panels stolen from front garden of home
- 5 Much-loved Stowmarket shop to re-open at new premises
- 6 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 7 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 8 Woman rescued after being swept out to sea off Suffolk coast
- 9 New grazing restaurant opening on Suffolk high street this week
- 10 Best friends take over popular café in 'just heavenly' setting
Do you have any photos of large fruit or vegetables? Send them to www.suffolk.iwitness24.co.uk and see our gallery online at www.eadt.co.uk.