Gallery: Can you beat John Frost’s huge pumpkin which weighs the same as a young child?
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Not content with his seven stone (44.6kg) mighty marrow, a man from Wetherden has a new legume which comes close to beating it.
A six stone 12 pound (43.5kg) titan of a pumpkin is John Frost’s latest vast vegetable.
He said: “I have been growing vegetables for about 50 years but they have not been like this before. I have won a lot of prizes at vegetable shows and I think it is nice for people to see it, because they would have never seen anything like that before.”
The mighty veg were grown on the village’s allotments behind the church.
He added: “Most people know I grow a lot of good vegetables; when we had the village show I had won the cup every year for years and years.”
He said what made the sizes of the vegetables even more surprising was the recent dry weather.
Mr Frost has been teaching his neighbour Freddie Winder about gardening.
- 1 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 2 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 3 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 4 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 5 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 6 'Bonne Mania' made us all smile... it faded but we'll always have the memories
- 7 Gang who stole from Suffolk museum jailed for total of 74 years
- 8 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 9 Plans to explore Dutch-style cycling network in Suffolk town
- 10 Suspected speeder detained after car crashes into field
Do you have any photos of large fruit or vegetables? Send them to www.suffolk.iwitness24.co.uk and see our gallery online at www.eadt.co.uk.