Gallery: Canoeing along the River Waveney, a beer at The Nutshell or a bracing walking at Felixstowe Ferry - are these among the top 50 things to do in Suffolk?
- Credit: citizenside.com
What a fantastic response! We asked you to tell us your favourite things to do in Suffolk – and we’ve been absolutely overwhelmed by your brilliant replies!
We’ve joined forces with the Mark Murphy show on BBC Radio Suffolk to try to identify the 50 top things to do in our beautiful county. Yesterday was the first day we asked for your responses – and the floodgates really opened!
You’ve told us about everything from well-known activities like crabbing at Walberswick, and boating at Dedham, to less high-profile things like the circular walk at Benhall, near Saxmundham, or simply having a pint in Britain’s smallest pub, the Nutshell at Bury St. Edmunds.
It’s beginning to dawn on us that narrowing the list down to only 50 might be too tough, so we may well end up with a top 100. Even whittling it down to that will be quite a challenge!
Mark Murphy, whose idea this was, said: “I’m delighted with the number and quality of suggestions for things to do in Suffolk. It’s great that people both here in the county and further afield clearly love Suffolk. We’ve had suggestions from Suffolk ex pats in other parts of the country and the world. Most of them mention a pint of Adnams!
You may also want to watch:
“People have been asking me about my favourite things to do. I think personally Southwold pier should be on the list. I think one of the most amazing things is the little brass plaques that adorn the handrails with personal messages left by people who love it as much as I do. I think everyone should take time out to read them and challenge you not to have a tear in your eye.” Please keep your great ideas coming. We’re compiling them all – and we look forward to the tough task of judging!
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 4 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 5 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 Restaurant launches giant cheesecake and cookie company